Monday, January 12, 2015

2015 Fitness Goals

Hello again!
Last year, since starting at a "real" CrossFit gym, I decided that I would make some fitness goals. 

These were my fitness goals for 2014-

  1. To run a half under 2 hours 
  2. To get 3 consecutive pull-ups 
  3. 10 consecutive push ups 
  4. 10 consecutive double unders 
  5. To cleans and jerk my current body weight( 155lbs) 
  6. To snatch (catch and hold in the bottom) 100lbs 


Here is how 2014 ended!

  1. I ran my half in 2:35 which was still relatively good for not training for it... oops! I just wasn't committed to waking up early, and running in the hot, ugly air of the central valley.
  2. I am able to do 5 pull ups consecutively now!
  3. I don't quite have 10 push ups, I have 4 with good form.
  4. I am able to do 10 consecutive double unders, but I would like to have them more consistently... I definitely have good and bad double under days. 
  5. I was able to clean my current body weight, 150lbs... but maxed out a jerk of 140 lbs
  6. Last, I haven't successfully snatched (caught in the bottom) 100 lbs... but I can hit that weight consistently with a power snatch, so I know the strength is there, I just need to work in technique.
I struggled with motivation and personal issues at the gym until the end April of last year, and because of that I didn't consistently make it into the gym. After finding motivation, and getting my personal circle back on track, I hit the gym hard, and never looked back. I made HUGE progress from April to December. I am excited to see what I can do in a full year, instead of only 7 months.

For 2015 my fitness goals are to-
  1. Clean & Jerk 175 lbs
  2. Snatch (catch in the bottom) 135 lbs
  3. Squat 250 lbs (at least!) haha
  4. Have consistent double unders- So, being able to complete ANNIE (sit ups and double unders) in under 10 minutes. I know that this means I have to put in the time to work on my doubles other than when they are a part of the workouts in the gym haha!
  5. To work on my pull up strength/grip/ consistency. I struggle holding onto the rig, and with getting more than 3 reps in at a time during a WOD. I would like to complete a workout like FRAN (thrusters and pull ups) with my pull ups being broken up in no less than sets of 10. 
  6. Work on my core strength- I have decided to dedicate 3 days a week to core strength exercises.
  7. Work on upper body strength- I have decided to dedicate 2 days a week to upper body strength exercises. 
  8. Run a half marathon in under 2 hours- I wan to take this goal more seriously this year. I think that making running a part of my exercise routine will help with this. I will have to give you all an update, but I would like to incorporate about 2 runs a week into my routine training, I also think I will sign up for a run that I don't have to train through the Summer for haha! 
I can tell that after the last year of training, my goals have become much more specific. I hope that this means, I will have a stronger drive, and more motivation to accomplish them and so much more. 
I am so lucky to have made friends, and have family that will support me, and motivate me along the way. Here is to my fitness goals and any that you may have as well! 
xoxo
-Tori

No comments:

Post a Comment