Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Training 10/27- 11/1; and A Little Bit of an Emotional Ramble

This week just wasn't a good week of training. It was so the point that I didn't even want to do this blog post on it. But, in the end, I realized that bad weeks, make the good weeks better. I was recovering from having an awful cold the past weekend. I probably shouldn't have worked out as soon as I did, and rested more, I know. That is most likely the reason why I felt like poop the majority of the week, but I missed the gym, and I just wanted to workout. 

Looking back, I should have listened to what my body was telling me because almost after every workout I left the gym mad. I am actually embarrassed of my behavior in front of my gym family/friends. I shouldn't have acted that way. I will say it now and you will see it again in this post, I was a major drama queen, and I am sorry for anyone that had to be around that haha. 

I am hoping that the current week 11/3- 11/8 is much better! 


Monday 10/27-
Back Squats 3x10 @ 70 %
Snatch 5x2 @70-75 % 

METCON-
7 min AMRAP
3 Power Snatches @ 70 lbs
5 Burpees
Finished 6 rounds + 1 snatch




Tuesday 10/28- 
This was a bad day- It started with the strength, I was able to hit 135 for my first of many attempts, but I just couldn't hit it again. I was angry and impatient. It got the best of me. No bueno.

Power Clean | find a heavy double; then drop to 85% for 3x1
Pause Deadlift 3x3

4 Rounds for time-
15 burpees
200 m run carry w/ 14lb medball
50 double unders
I finished around 13 minutes, I wasn't really paying attention to the time. In my mind I didn't really complete this workout because I gave up on the double unders, and only did 25 in the second & third round, and in the last round I did 100 singles. It was a bad day for me, I was a major drama queen :(



Wednesday 10/29- 
the intent was there to work out. I actually started to workout, then mother nature decided to visit early, and I didn't have any necessities on me so I had to stop :( Being a girl is the worst sometimes.

Thursday 10/ 30- 
Find a heavy double power snatch; got up to 85 lbs
Then drop to 3x1 @ 85 %
RDL 3x5 @ 100lbs

METCON-
2 rds for time
100ft walking lunge
25 Shoulder to over head 75#
35 KB SDHP 55#
45 sit ups
Finished in 11:52

Friday 10/31-
Back Squats 8x3 @ 85%
I wasn't really feeling 100% and couldn't get all my squats at the 85% so I broke the sets up. 
4x3 @ 85% 165#
4x3 @ 80% 150#
Then; Clean and Jerk 5x2 @ 70%; 95#
- I stayed with the lighter weight for C&J so that way I could work on staying on my heels a little longer to get the bar up into my hip. I haven't been making the best connection with the bar, which in turn is just hurting me and my lifts, so I took a step back to work on technique a little.

METCON-
7 min AMRAP
1 plate burpee, 25#
1 box jump
2 plate burpee
2 box hum
ect. 
Was able to complete round of 8, and got 12 reps into the round of 9.





Saturday 11/1- 
Anvil Hero Workout- "King Eli"
3 Rounds | Eli's favorite number
9 Squat Cleans | his age
5 Front squats | born in the month of May
28 Burpee Box Jumps | on the 28th day
200 m run
5 Deadlifts | the year of 2005

Womens weight 95#
Finished in 22:52

On October 18th Eli was hit by a car, and killed, while playing in his front yard. Many at our gym where and our affected by this tragedy, because his mom Chenda came to our gym, and many of the parents/kids knew him through the Immanuel school system. CrossFit Reedley planned an event to help with raising funds for the family and, as a community come together in this time of need. 

This tragedy has brought up so many buried memories for me. When I was 8 years old, I was also hit by a car. The woman stopped, pulled me out of the street, and left me. If is wasn't for my neighbor who was driving her son to school, I would have never been able to find some sort of justice for this accident. Eli was hit and dragged two blocks, and then was left there by the boys that hit him. All I could think about is, what would have happened to my little brother if he saw that happen to me? How would my family be today, if I wasn't lucky enough to be alive? What,and how could that woman (for my accident, and the boys that hit Eli) live with herself after her actions? What is it like living my life with the affects of this accident- the hip pain, the fact that I may never be able to carry a child because of this?

I made this comment to a friend, who stated that we need to have sympathy for both sides involved in this accident, because every one was hurting. I didn't understand, why have sympathy for those that that hit, and continued to keep driving, and left a little boy in the road. The pain that the family of the son, grandson, nephew and friend,  is now feeling because he is now gone. Why feel sorry for the boys that should go to jail for their negligence?   She responded to me by saying that she would pray for me, that I heal from the pain that I am having, and that I shouldn't live my life with such a grudge, that it would ultimately ruin me ( she didn't direct that to me, she said "a person"... but ultimately in the conversation it comes back to me). When I read that I felt my chest fall into my stomach, and immediately began to question myself, the quality of life that I am living, and if I am a good person or not. Not the best feeling, let me tell you (although, I am sure we have all felt this, and you are well aware.)

Just typing this, my heart is racing, my mouth is dry, and my body is beginning to tremble. I don't want to be a person who lives my life with a type of hatred or grudge. But seeing the hurt and pain that Eli's family is having, brings up all these memories, things that I have suppressed and held back; because in reality, there is nothing that I can do to change my circumstances, what has happened to me has made me who I am today, but it doesn't take away from the suffering that I have to deal with for the rest of my life. 

I know, I am kind of rambling, but I am hurting right now (admitting my feelings- BIG STEP, haha) . I am struggling with letting go, and trying to move on, to try and forgive, because that is the person that I want to be. But, at the same time why do I have to do that? When I was the victim, when I am the one, on every cold day is reminded of my accident, when my hip stiffens, or my hip dysplasia acts up. This is something I know I will need time to work on how I see these events. 

All in all, my heart is heavy for his family and for those that knew him, more so than the hello that I had here at the gym. The little bit of pain I felt, sweat that covered me, and tears that ran down my face through out this workout will never be enough... But, What I love most about crossfit, is that we can come together as a community, we throw down, and support each other in a time of need.

In my last round of King Eli, finishing up the front squats.


Thanks for reading once again,
xoxo
-Tori

No comments:

Post a Comment